.: ♥ Travelling is my passion. Photography is my hobby. Traveljournalism is my dream. :.♥


Friday, August 22, 2008

Mt Bromo, Indonesia

Where :
East Java
Place : Bromo
When : Mid Aug 2008

When I was in Bromo, the first day had to wake up 3am in the morning to catch the sunrise at Mt. Penanjakan (2750m). But thats Indonesia's time, so Spore time its 4am. No problem to me at all bcos i usually had to wake up that early for the past 3years for my work duties. :-)

Reaching to Mt Penanjakan from the hotel is not so easy. No cars can make it there. So i have to take the jeep. Driving on so much bend roads can make one felt nauseating and giddy. From my experience taking the long-winded road up to Cameron Highlands in Malaysia i prepared myself by eating sweets. Well, it helps. But these roads here are much more worst than Cameron Highlands.

Reaching the top, waiting for the sunrise i must say that i did not have much luck bcos the sunrise wasn't as beautiful as I expected. I had seen more mesmerizing sunrise moments in Spore very own Changi Beach. *wink*wink*

Photobucket

Anyway, temperature is so cold in Bromo, esp during dawn. Temp can possibly dropped to less than 0 deg C. Don't worry for those who packed little clothing for your hols bcos thick sweater are available for rent at the foot of Mt Penanjakan at the price of 10,000 Rupiah.

Next stop...Mt Bromo.

Photobucket
Isn't this view like in the postcard? Taken on my way from Mt Penanjakan to Mt Bromo.

You can horse back riding or walk to the top of Mt Bromo. But the path is so dusty due to the lava sand, its advisable to go horse back riding. If i take a 2-way trip of horse riding, it'll cost 75,000 Rupiah. If I take 1-way it cost me 50,000 Rupiah.

Photobucket
See how dusty it is?

For those who is afraid of horse back riding, don't worry. The owner of the horse will hold and guide the horse. He won't let the horse gallop unguided. So, it's safe even for children to ride on it.

Reaching the foot of Mt Bromo, had to climb another 250 steps to reach the rim of the crater of the mountain.

Photobucket

But reaching the top of Mt Bromo...the view is so breathtaking!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I felt like i'm in Tibet. Wakhahahaaa!

Labels: ,

++ quoth nessie at 2:39 AM






Best view using Internet Explorer
Photobucket
nATuRe XpLoRer Contact Me

.: about this blog :.
This blog is more of nature themed.

Here i will share my findings and observations by means of photos and narration to places that i rambles in Spore.

Beside that i will post on what i have been doing (but not so much into writing such stuff actually).

There's also post of my overseas trip, with photos and narration of course.

So, please feel free to tell me which other new places or interesting place which of nature related that I should go explore next.


.: about me :.
Nature lover.

Hate late-comers. I dunt hv high patience level u know.

One thing that i always hold onto; wenever sometg bad happen to me, i'll nvr ask God "Why me?" Cos in times of goodness and happiness i nvr ask God "Why me?" Cos everything that happened, happens for a reason.

My favourite love quote : "Missing someone is the kind of hurt a heart should be thankful to feel."


.: ... :.





.: Online.CHaT :.

.: categories :.

.: buddy.coRneR :.

.: fav links :.

.: also visiting :.

.: useful links :.

.: recent posts :.

.: archives :.

.: tag.board :.



.: thanks :.
Designed by dragonfae
Photo from GettyImages
Poem by Edmund Spenser, excerpt from Sonnet LXXV from Amoretti
Thanks to blogskins.com



































My heartfelt "TANKIU" dedicated to "BoNa FiDe" for all the help in building this blog. Muakkksss






As life moves on, you will find new friends.
But remember, i'll always enjoy hearing from you.
Keep in touch all dear friends!