.: ♥ Travelling is my passion. Photography is my hobby. Traveljournalism is my dream. :.♥


Saturday, August 9, 2008

Ghostly encounter in Bukit Timah

Where : McRitchie Reservoir & Bukit Timah
When : Jan 2008

I have hiked in McRitchie several times now, and have taken different trail. But the most memorable one that I had was during one of the night hike. Like always, i would ask around at my workplace who is interested to join for the hiking trip. And as always, initial number was big, but when the actual day arrives, the number of hikers drop. But I still proceed with the night walk. This time its only four of us : three ladies and a guy.

So to say, what I am writing now is my second night walk. Starting point is McRitchie entering via Venus Drive and exiting via Bukit Timah. As usual our night hiking would start when the sun set. That day we entered Venus Drive during dusk (it was Maghrib - refers to Muslim prayer time where usu this time we are advisable by the elders to stay indoors).

Usually if i enter or exit via Venus Drive, it wasn't so misty or gloomy, but that day it was. Well, probably it was dusk anyway. I try to put it off as my imagination and anyway its not Thursday nite. So we walk in McRitchie and as per normal, stopped at Jelutong Tower to enjoy the star gazing and the night breeze. It was a wonderful feeling esp when the sun is out. Spend roughly one hour or so at Jelutong and we proceed with our night hike.

All decided to exit via Bukit Timah so that we can have supper before heading back home. Bukit Timah was more like a walk rather than hike cos we decided that since it has been raining in the morning that day, we better not take the forest route cos during rainy days high chances of fallen trees and we might have difficulties hurdling it over due to shortage of torchlight that we have that day.

We exit McRitchie via Rifle Range Road and started to walk towards Bukit Timah.
Photobucket
It was such a long road

Some roads are dimly lit but at some stretch, it was very very dark except lights coming from the nearby building. There was this one part of the road where we need to walk up a slope and when i looked up, i keep seeing a silhouette of a huge dark figure at the end of the road with a red light near it. But as i walked towards it, the silhouette disappear.

Btw, we have to walk pass a bend road and there was this blind spot mirror. A friend of mine suddenly halt us, and said "wait", and she was staring at the blind spot mirror. I immediately knows that she saw something. So i dragged her to move on.


My fren didn't say anything cos we four had made an agreement earlier that shud anyone of us saw, smelt or heard anything during the hike; don't ask around or say anything. All sighting and encounters shall only be discussed when we meet at work the next day. This is to avoid anyone getting scared unnecessarily and/or spoilt the mood to finish for the night walk.

Okie...so we continue to walk on the road. And as we walked I have started to feel eerie esp when the four of us run out of topic to talk and we go silent. To overcome that feeling, we talked and talked and laughed and laughed; just to break the silence and quietness of the surrounding.

Soon, we came to a map and two of us was looking at it and deciding where shud we head for. I was looking around and my other girl friend was sitting down on the ground tying her shoelace. When i turned around towards the two who was looking at the map, i saw pontianak standing behind one of my fren who was looking at the map (his back was facing the pontianak). i was shocked and don't know what to do. Then, either I was stupid or I was brave...i asked my friend "so where are we going? Walk inside (forest route) or outside (road)?". And we started to talk about the way out from the map direction. I then realised that the pontianak wasn't behind my friend anymore. But at the corner of my eyes, I could see that "she" have shifted into the forest area cos I saw the whitish image of it there.

After we are done with the discussion and was making our way, one of my friend keep turning back and looking into the forest area. I knew that she was looking for the pontianak. Let her keep looking, im not turning my head back man!

Our next remaining walk in Bukit Timah, i don't feel comfortable at all. And we somehow missed our exit point and ended up elsewhere. We are so sure that we took the correct and usual path, but mysteriously that night we lost our way and took the wrong exit. Luckily if we exit the wrong point, we can always walk down towards the main road and ends up at the MAKAN place!

We had our supper like nothing happen at all just a moment ago. Only God knows how scared I was then. Anyway, when we met at work the next day..that's when all out to share and compare experiences. And yes, all four of us saw that pontianak. Its not our imagination. Earlier i told you at one point of time one of my friend stopped us in front of the blind spot mirror right? She said she saw five person instead of four in the mirror. Twice she looked at it, and twice she saw five figures there.

If you ask me now or anytime; night hiking again? My answer : Of course! When?

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Labels: , ,

++ quoth nessie at 11:12 AM






Best view using Internet Explorer
Photobucket
nATuRe XpLoRer Contact Me

.: about this blog :.
This blog is more of nature themed.

Here i will share my findings and observations by means of photos and narration to places that i rambles in Spore.

Beside that i will post on what i have been doing (but not so much into writing such stuff actually).

There's also post of my overseas trip, with photos and narration of course.

So, please feel free to tell me which other new places or interesting place which of nature related that I should go explore next.


.: about me :.
Nature lover.

Hate late-comers. I dunt hv high patience level u know.

One thing that i always hold onto; wenever sometg bad happen to me, i'll nvr ask God "Why me?" Cos in times of goodness and happiness i nvr ask God "Why me?" Cos everything that happened, happens for a reason.

My favourite love quote : "Missing someone is the kind of hurt a heart should be thankful to feel."


.: ... :.





.: Online.CHaT :.

.: categories :.

.: buddy.coRneR :.

.: fav links :.

.: also visiting :.

.: useful links :.

.: recent posts :.

.: archives :.

.: tag.board :.



.: thanks :.
Designed by dragonfae
Photo from GettyImages
Poem by Edmund Spenser, excerpt from Sonnet LXXV from Amoretti
Thanks to blogskins.com



































My heartfelt "TANKIU" dedicated to "BoNa FiDe" for all the help in building this blog. Muakkksss






As life moves on, you will find new friends.
But remember, i'll always enjoy hearing from you.
Keep in touch all dear friends!