.: ♥ Travelling is my passion. Photography is my hobby. Traveljournalism is my dream. :.♥


Monday, August 4, 2008

HSBC TreeTop Walk

Where : McRitchie Reservoir
Place : HSBC Treetop Walk
When : 2007

It has been almost one year now that i last visited the HSBC Treetop Walk. Do i missed the walk there? Of course. Even tho in 2007 I have walked the canopy walk few times, i never grew tired of it.


Anyway, since im rather free now i just wanna write a short article on my hiking trip to the TreeTop Walk.


McRitchie Reservoir

I have heard of the treetop canopy walk constructed in McRitche when it was first open in July 2004, but didnt make a trip there coz I've never hike before and had no friend who love nature walk as much as i do. So, finally when a friend mentioned about going hiking in McRitchie back then in 2007, i'm so excited to go. I didn't know what to bring, what to expect during the hike. So i did little homework and surf the net to get some tips. It turn out that McRitchie terrain is not difficult at all.

A group of nine of us gathered for the hike. In the group, there's two who have had hike in McRitchie before, so that muster some confidence in me shud we encounter any mishap, at least someone knows what to do.

For a first timer, i must say that it wasn't difficult or challenging to walk up those slopes and walk on those nature trails. But walking on the canopy walk is rather scary esp those who's afraid of height.


HSBC TreeTop Walk

The walkway is at 25m above the ground. It is a one-way traffic system on the Tree Top Walk. That is, visitors can only enter from the Bukit Peirce entrance (via Peirce Track). Walking towards Bukit Kalang, visitors will exit along the Petaling Trail. This system is to allow visitors a more enjoyable visit. The walkway is narrow and the number of people that can be on the walkway at the same time is limited to 30 persons. NParks rangers will also on hand at the site to assist visitors.

The TreeTop Walk is open from :

Tue to Fri: 9am-5pm
Sat, Sun and Public Holidays: 8.30am-5pm.
Closed on Mondays except public holidays for maintenance and research.

Admission is free.

Labels: , , , ,

++ quoth nessie at 12:35 AM






Best view using Internet Explorer
Photobucket
nATuRe XpLoRer Contact Me

.: about this blog :.
This blog is more of nature themed.

Here i will share my findings and observations by means of photos and narration to places that i rambles in Spore.

Beside that i will post on what i have been doing (but not so much into writing such stuff actually).

There's also post of my overseas trip, with photos and narration of course.

So, please feel free to tell me which other new places or interesting place which of nature related that I should go explore next.


.: about me :.
Nature lover.

Hate late-comers. I dunt hv high patience level u know.

One thing that i always hold onto; wenever sometg bad happen to me, i'll nvr ask God "Why me?" Cos in times of goodness and happiness i nvr ask God "Why me?" Cos everything that happened, happens for a reason.

My favourite love quote : "Missing someone is the kind of hurt a heart should be thankful to feel."


.: ... :.





.: Online.CHaT :.

.: categories :.

.: buddy.coRneR :.

.: fav links :.

.: also visiting :.

.: useful links :.

.: recent posts :.

.: archives :.

.: tag.board :.



.: thanks :.
Designed by dragonfae
Photo from GettyImages
Poem by Edmund Spenser, excerpt from Sonnet LXXV from Amoretti
Thanks to blogskins.com



































My heartfelt "TANKIU" dedicated to "BoNa FiDe" for all the help in building this blog. Muakkksss






As life moves on, you will find new friends.
But remember, i'll always enjoy hearing from you.
Keep in touch all dear friends!