.: ♥ Travelling is my passion. Photography is my hobby. Traveljournalism is my dream. :.♥


Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve

Where : Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve
When : Feb 2007

Photobucket

Sungei Buloh Wetland entrance

How to get there :
Take SMRT Bus 925 from either Woodlands MRT Station or Kranji MRT Station. This bus stops at the Wetland Reserve entrance on Sundays and Public Holidays. On weekdays and Saturdays, alight at the Kranji Reservoir Carpark for a 20-minute walk to the Wetland Reserve.

Opening hours :
Weekdays : 7.30am to 7.00pm
Sundays & Public Holidays : 7.00am to 7.00pm

Admission :
Free entry except on Saturdays, Sundays, Public Holidays and School Holidays.
$1.00 per adult $0.50 per child / student / senior citizen


Theatrette show screenings:
Mondays to Saturdays - 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm & 5pm
Sundays and Public Holidays - Hourly 9am to 5pm

Photobucket
Map to getting around in the reserve


The Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve is a nature reserve located in the Northwest area of S'pore. It is the first wetlands reserve to be gazetted in S'pore in the year 2002, and the global importance as a stop-over point for migratory birds.

This is my first visit to the wetland, and i forgot to bring along my camera, but that doesn't stop me from taking pictures of some of the living things that i see here.
It was low tide that day, but i can see the water keeps gushing in constantly for the high tide to be in anytime soon. There's so much mudskippers of all sizes seen on the mangroves. The mudskippers are so cute esp when it's eyes rolled up. khehehee...its like saying "watever!!".

Photobucket
Mangroves

Walking the nature trail, always got to look out for spider webs. Its all over and the spiders are so huge in size! I always almost walk thru it because I was busy admiring whats on my left/right view rather than whats in front of me. Too bad my camera phone unable to capture these spiders.

I also spotted a crocodile. Try to look for it behind these trees...


Photobucket
See the crocodile? See its head?

Photobucket
Now, that's the tail of the crocodile.

These are some of the living things that i came across during the nature walk :

Photobucket
Did u see anything in the above picture? It camouflage well with its surroundings.


Photobucket
Spotted so many of this (above) during the walk. It keeps crossing across the path that we walked. But it disappear as quickly as it appears.


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Due to its inaccessibility during weekdays, i've only been here once to date. Awww...I missed Sungei Buloh Wetland!! Anyone interested to go? E-mail me!

What to bring on your visit :

  • Insect repellent
  • Camera
  • Umbrella or ponco (ponco is more suitable for this kinda outing)
  • Hat
  • Sunglass
  • Sunblock
  • Binoculars

Labels: , , , ,

++ quoth nessie at 1:12 AM






Best view using Internet Explorer
Photobucket
nATuRe XpLoRer Contact Me

.: about this blog :.
This blog is more of nature themed.

Here i will share my findings and observations by means of photos and narration to places that i rambles in Spore.

Beside that i will post on what i have been doing (but not so much into writing such stuff actually).

There's also post of my overseas trip, with photos and narration of course.

So, please feel free to tell me which other new places or interesting place which of nature related that I should go explore next.


.: about me :.
Nature lover.

Hate late-comers. I dunt hv high patience level u know.

One thing that i always hold onto; wenever sometg bad happen to me, i'll nvr ask God "Why me?" Cos in times of goodness and happiness i nvr ask God "Why me?" Cos everything that happened, happens for a reason.

My favourite love quote : "Missing someone is the kind of hurt a heart should be thankful to feel."


.: ... :.





.: Online.CHaT :.

.: categories :.

.: buddy.coRneR :.

.: fav links :.

.: also visiting :.

.: useful links :.

.: recent posts :.

.: archives :.

.: tag.board :.



.: thanks :.
Designed by dragonfae
Photo from GettyImages
Poem by Edmund Spenser, excerpt from Sonnet LXXV from Amoretti
Thanks to blogskins.com



































My heartfelt "TANKIU" dedicated to "BoNa FiDe" for all the help in building this blog. Muakkksss






As life moves on, you will find new friends.
But remember, i'll always enjoy hearing from you.
Keep in touch all dear friends!