.: ♥ Travelling is my passion. Photography is my hobby. Traveljournalism is my dream. :.♥


Monday, September 13, 2010

Hari Raya 10 Sept 2010

When : Hari Raya 10 Sept 2010
Place : Malaysia, Singapore




Photobucket
Looks like mamak shop rack? Hahahaaa...! This is my home rack for kueh shelving! So many seyyyy....

This year Hari Raya Aidilfitri is celebrated with so much fun and laughter on its first day (1 Syawal). Alls in the house! I'm on nite off. 1st sister got her leave approved. 2nd sister was on nite duty and the rest is not working that day! Unlike last year..1st sister was on call of duty.

And this year is the first year where the whole family don on the same colour code; purple. Barney's purple! Usu the ladies would wear the same colour, and the guys would be another colour. Hopefully next year and all the future years, all would don on the same colour. (:

The first few hours of the 1st Syawal..it's family phototaking time!!!!! With UWA lens, my living room looks like a photo studio...so spacious seyyy. heheeee....

Oh well...before Hari Raya, what would we usually observe? Fasting month. Ramadhan is the month in the Muslim calendar to mark the holy month of Ramadhan where Muslim all over the world would observe fasting.

This year (I dont know why), I kept having laksa for break fast. Laksa asam, laksa johor, laksa cap...



Photobucket
Singapore Laksa

Photobucket
Laksa Johor. Tastes like Penang laksa but w/o the shredded onions in it. From Bazaar Ramadhan Angsana, JB. MYR3. Its veri tasty!!

I got my kuehs from Angsana in JB with the PPGs. Bought popiah simpul, tart sepit, kek batek and snow macaroons.

Photobucket
Tart Sepit. MYR32. Not so sweet and dough just melts in the mouth.

Photobucket
Snow macaroons. MYR20. Crunchy.

Photobucket
Almond snowy. MYR19. The 2nd layer arrangement in the box, the kueh is arranged so far apart. Kena con of $. Not worth the MYR19!

Photobucket
Kek Batik. MYR35. Hard.

And three days later...went with colleagues to Simpang Renggam, Simpang Rengit, Angsana and Kip Mart for second round of jalan2-carik-kueh trip. Got myself a second baju kurung at Angsana for a price of MYR160.

I must say that this year my kueh tunjuk (heheeee...) tastes better than last year.
These are most of the kuehs and cakes that I bought for my Hari Raya celebration:



Photobucket
Kek Lapis Sarawak - Sari Kaya Bakun. MYR80. From Sg Rengit. Moist and WOW...tasty!

Photobucket
Chocolate rice baulu. MYR14 from Sg Renggam. So-so taste. Choco rice too little.

Photobucket
Pistachio yummies. MYR19 from Sg Rengit. Those white topping are white chocolate. My rating : So-so cos the white chocolate is too little that there is no taste of white chocolate at all!

Photobucket
Popiah simpul. MYR16. From Sg Renggam. YUM! YUM!

Photobucket
Gajus Turkish. MYR16 from Sg Renggam. I like!

Photobucket
Kueh gulung. MYR12 from Sg Rengit. Crispy and not so sweet. Niceee..!

Photobucket
Mini Samosa from Sg Rengit. Filling is dried prawns, smtg like popiah simpul. Personally, popiah simpul tastes far more better!

Photobucket
Kek Lapis Rempah. MYR23 from Sg Renggam. Portion is very small. Cake is dry.

The following two below is ordered from a collague, Kak Ramlah.


Photobucket
A box consists of 8 packets, all same flavour potato chips. I took chilli flavor. SGD26/box.

Photobucket
Cheesecake. Its so YUMMY! The cheesy taste is just right. I loveeeee it so much!

Labels:

++ quoth nessie at 12:22 PM






Best view using Internet Explorer
Photobucket
nATuRe XpLoRer Contact Me

.: about this blog :.
This blog is more of nature themed.

Here i will share my findings and observations by means of photos and narration to places that i rambles in Spore.

Beside that i will post on what i have been doing (but not so much into writing such stuff actually).

There's also post of my overseas trip, with photos and narration of course.

So, please feel free to tell me which other new places or interesting place which of nature related that I should go explore next.


.: about me :.
Nature lover.

Hate late-comers. I dunt hv high patience level u know.

One thing that i always hold onto; wenever sometg bad happen to me, i'll nvr ask God "Why me?" Cos in times of goodness and happiness i nvr ask God "Why me?" Cos everything that happened, happens for a reason.

My favourite love quote : "Missing someone is the kind of hurt a heart should be thankful to feel."


.: ... :.





.: Online.CHaT :.

.: categories :.

.: buddy.coRneR :.

.: fav links :.

.: also visiting :.

.: useful links :.

.: recent posts :.

.: archives :.

.: tag.board :.



.: thanks :.
Designed by dragonfae
Photo from GettyImages
Poem by Edmund Spenser, excerpt from Sonnet LXXV from Amoretti
Thanks to blogskins.com



































My heartfelt "TANKIU" dedicated to "BoNa FiDe" for all the help in building this blog. Muakkksss






As life moves on, you will find new friends.
But remember, i'll always enjoy hearing from you.
Keep in touch all dear friends!