.: ♥ Travelling is my passion. Photography is my hobby. Traveljournalism is my dream. :.♥


Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What happen on 9-Aug-10...

9 August. Its Singapore's birthday! This year, Singapore is celebrating its 45th birthday.


But where was i??? I'm in JB,Malaysia.


What was i doing there? I'm craving for halal vegetarian food.

Can't i go some other days? NO.

Why? Cos on the 10th Aug, I'm working afternoon shift duty and on the 11th Aug, its the start of Ramadhan (fasting month!).

So, I do not wanna hold my craving for one month...thats why i have to go today! HaHaHaaaa...!


Today, I just finished nite duty. Had shower at work and went straight to JB. My fren and i CGM, as usual would catch movies, do some shopping and eat!

Watching movies in JB is very cheap compared to Singapore. Tic costs RM10 and on every Wednesday it cost RM6.

But today is the most expensive movie watching cum makan session in JB that I ever had!

I tell u why...We went for movie marathon. Watched "Salt", "Curse of the Deserted" and "Inception". Never did we ever watch three movies in a day in JB. But we did this time, and i regretted.

Why???? Cos the last movie ends at 10pm. By the time we reached CIQ Sultan Iskandar Shah for immgration clearance, it was 10.30pm. The queue to board the bus going towards Singapore was super duuuuuper long that the queue "snakes" from the immgration counter to the boarding point of SBS 170!

We waited til 10.55pm in the queue before deciding to queue in another bus service CW1/CW2. I soon realised that the last bus service for CW1 and 2 was at 11pm! Damn! Its not possible for me to queue at the end of SBS 170 or TIBS 950 all over again right???! Its gonna take till after midnite before i get my turn to board a bus.

I saw other people "tumpang" bus kilang. But tour coaches wouldn't wanna take us. Bus kilang was super packed and I can't stand waiting for too long. And so we decided to walk from Malaysia checkpoint to Woodlands checkpoint. Time checked; 11.10pm.

And so we walked. Its very dangerous. But thanks to all motorist, they go slow and give us way. Not that many people walked their way into Singapore. Prob cos the distance is very far and the road is winding.

We reached Woodland checkpoint at 11.35pm. And thats not it. We have to climb spiral staircases before we reached the immigration counter. By then, I've tried to contact my sources BunianMalaya of the last bus service of 168. I'm so disappointed to learn that the last bus is 11.30pm! And NightRider do not operate on Public Holiday! Gosh!

So...the best is to take taxi home. Taxi??? From North to East where i stay???? Forget it! Its gonna cost me a bomb!

So i decided to take 170 from the checkpoint till Rochor Rd and then take a taxi from there. Its cheaper that way. And how much the taxi fare costs me? SGD12! Thats why i said earlier...this is the most expensive movie watching cum makan sesion trip i ever had!!!!!

So......No more movie marathon on Public Holidays in the future. Lesson learnt!

Labels:

++ quoth nessie at 11:05 AM






Best view using Internet Explorer
Photobucket
nATuRe XpLoRer Contact Me

.: about this blog :.
This blog is more of nature themed.

Here i will share my findings and observations by means of photos and narration to places that i rambles in Spore.

Beside that i will post on what i have been doing (but not so much into writing such stuff actually).

There's also post of my overseas trip, with photos and narration of course.

So, please feel free to tell me which other new places or interesting place which of nature related that I should go explore next.


.: about me :.
Nature lover.

Hate late-comers. I dunt hv high patience level u know.

One thing that i always hold onto; wenever sometg bad happen to me, i'll nvr ask God "Why me?" Cos in times of goodness and happiness i nvr ask God "Why me?" Cos everything that happened, happens for a reason.

My favourite love quote : "Missing someone is the kind of hurt a heart should be thankful to feel."


.: ... :.





.: Online.CHaT :.

.: categories :.

.: buddy.coRneR :.

.: fav links :.

.: also visiting :.

.: useful links :.

.: recent posts :.

.: archives :.

.: tag.board :.



.: thanks :.
Designed by dragonfae
Photo from GettyImages
Poem by Edmund Spenser, excerpt from Sonnet LXXV from Amoretti
Thanks to blogskins.com



































My heartfelt "TANKIU" dedicated to "BoNa FiDe" for all the help in building this blog. Muakkksss






As life moves on, you will find new friends.
But remember, i'll always enjoy hearing from you.
Keep in touch all dear friends!