.: ♥ Travelling is my passion. Photography is my hobby. Traveljournalism is my dream. :.♥


Saturday, August 28, 2010

Stranded at Polonia, Medan Airport!

Where : North Sumatera, Indonesia
Place : Polonia Airport, Medan
When : 22 July 2010

We went to a wet market on our way back to Medan from Berastagi, and I bought several "bulb" of flowers; orchids, jasmines, lilies and an unknown flower. It's so easy to plant and it cost me IDR5,000 per bulb. Can't wait for the flowers to bloom!!

A bad start - a bad experience - but a good shopping and a nice scenery. We didn't have a good start for our next destination : Jakarta-Puncak- Bandung.

First, we got stranded in Polonia Airport in Medan from 0730hrs to 1330hrs!! Why??? Cos our supposedly morning flight scheduled to fly at 0950hrs is cancelled! We didn't suspect anything wrong when we could not find our flight not reflected on the "flight info screen". Cos, well...hmmm...i shall not say it here.

We still procced to have our luggages screened during the check in. But when we saw that our check in counter is still closed, I began to worry. True enough...there's something wrong! We were informed that our flight is not flying and we were referred to Batavia Air information counter.

The staff who handled us was Muhd Fadly. He told me that the flight was cancelled and the company was trying to get me. And since mine is a Spore mobile number,i couldn't
be reached.

And so I asked why couldn't they contact my travel agent. He said emails have been sent to inform on the 17th. I was puzzled cos if it's on 17th, I could be contacted thru hp and email since I departed from Spore on the 19th.

When asked is the company doing any transfer for us to other flight? Answer was no. And when was the next flight? 1430hrs, but it's full. The next available flight will be at 1615hrs !!!

My friend was fuming mad by then. It was super hot day. The whole place is non aircon except after check in and at some cafe. She demanded to speak to the manager.

We stand in the heat for about less than 10mins when Muhd Fadly invited us inside his office. He and the person in-charge(I presume), was trying their best to get us a seat for the 1430hrs flight.

On our part, we contacted our Spore agent and even ask around other carrier like Garuda,Sriwijaya and Lions. All full except Garuda. But their fare is way too high. And i was informed by my Spore agent that other carrier could not accept less than 24hrs online booking.

Well...frankly speaking even tho I'm stranded and even if the next flight that I will taking is at 1615hrs...I'm fine with it. Cos firstly, in my first day in Jakarta..there's no itinerary to be done and secondly I have with me the not-mine iPod to keep me occupied and be not-bored-at-all mood! Haha...!!!!

To cut story short...we got a seats for 1430hrs flight!! Thanks to Mr Muhd Fadly!!


And I thought my bad encounters have ended. Unfortunely...this is just the beginning! Read up on my Jakarta trip for the follow up. *sigh*



Labels:

++ quoth nessie at 4:30 AM






Best view using Internet Explorer
Photobucket
nATuRe XpLoRer Contact Me

.: about this blog :.
This blog is more of nature themed.

Here i will share my findings and observations by means of photos and narration to places that i rambles in Spore.

Beside that i will post on what i have been doing (but not so much into writing such stuff actually).

There's also post of my overseas trip, with photos and narration of course.

So, please feel free to tell me which other new places or interesting place which of nature related that I should go explore next.


.: about me :.
Nature lover.

Hate late-comers. I dunt hv high patience level u know.

One thing that i always hold onto; wenever sometg bad happen to me, i'll nvr ask God "Why me?" Cos in times of goodness and happiness i nvr ask God "Why me?" Cos everything that happened, happens for a reason.

My favourite love quote : "Missing someone is the kind of hurt a heart should be thankful to feel."


.: ... :.





.: Online.CHaT :.

.: categories :.

.: buddy.coRneR :.

.: fav links :.

.: also visiting :.

.: useful links :.

.: recent posts :.

.: archives :.

.: tag.board :.



.: thanks :.
Designed by dragonfae
Photo from GettyImages
Poem by Edmund Spenser, excerpt from Sonnet LXXV from Amoretti
Thanks to blogskins.com



































My heartfelt "TANKIU" dedicated to "BoNa FiDe" for all the help in building this blog. Muakkksss






As life moves on, you will find new friends.
But remember, i'll always enjoy hearing from you.
Keep in touch all dear friends!